We know the work of TECHNOPOLI, the Unit of Technological Development of the National Polytechnical Institute of Mexico.A technological pole devoted to the attraction of tractive companies, with experience in technological management, and the generation of projects of innovation and technological development in collaboration.The technological surveillance is the strength motriz of his activity.
We speak with XXX
P:How it arose the need to set up TECHNOPOLI?:
R: The Unit of Technological Development, TECHNOPOLI, created like part of the strategies designed in 2008 by the National Polytechnical Institute (IPN) to strengthen the scientific and technological contributions that ensure the articulation of the institutional offer of the products of the investigation applied, technological development and innovation with the demands of the productive and social sector.
In this stage, TECHNOPOLI was born with the purpose to manage the flow of technology and innovations between the National Polytechnical Institute, the companies and the markets.
P:That is to say, it treats of a model of transfer of technology sustentado in the technological collaboration between University and companies.
R: If, TECHNOPOLI is a technological pole focused to the tractive companies to generate technology in collaboration.We work for promoting the creation and the growth of technological businesses by means of the centrifugal generation Spin-offs Technologies; providing infrastructure and services to lodge intensive companies in knowledge, generators of new products of avant-garde positioned in the market, with the support of the IPN.
P:Which institutions integrate TECHNOPOLI?
R: TECHNOPOLI Is the sum of the effort of many:the National Polytechnical Institute through our General Director, the Dr. Yoloxóchitl Bustamante Díez, the Office of Economy of the Federal Government; the Dr. Enrique Villa Rivera, ex director of the IPN in the period of 2003-2009 and director of the National Council of Science and Technology in the year 2011, and his creator and visionario the Ing.Óscar Jorge Súchil Villegas, Secretary of Extension and Social Integration of the IPN.
P:At present, which is the main mission that defines the work of TECHNOPOLI?
R: Our institutional work is centred in different complementary areas, eat:
Articulate some successful links between the academic sector, productive and business, supporting the integration of able interdisciplinary teams to tackle projects of innovation and technological development of big importance for the governmental sectors, industrial and social of Mexico.Besides, to promote the generation of synergies between both and our capacity to attract tractive companies, with experience in the management of technology.
Dinamizar The formative processes to the productive sector, generating new synergies between the development and the demand of new technologies, promoting the creation and the growth of technological businesses concentrating the fortresses of the National Polytechnical Institute.?
Articulate the institutional technological offer in terms of his skilled infrastructure, to favour the development of technologies that attend to the market and give feasibility to the development of technological projects; facilitating with this the chaining of the technology developed in the Institute with the economic activity of the country so that the resultant profits can permear in the society.
P:To which type of users directs TECHNOPOLI?:
R: The focus of attention of TECHNOPOLI are the tractive companies, that are those companies leaders in the market that require innovar his products of form accelerated with the purpose to reaffirm said leadership with new products to the market.
These companies, with national and international prestige, propician the birth of companies of technological base, Spin-off?s, contributing to the generation of new employments, activation of the economy of the country through the transfer of technology of the IPN.
IMAGE 3 - VIRTUAL VISIT (EMBEBER VIDEO)
P:In which sectors of interest specialises his activity?:
R: The IPN has nueve networks of investigation that frame the strategic areas of study of the Institute, these to his time, for TECHNOPOLI are subjects prioritarios of strengthening with the industrial state to generate technological innovation; and they are:biotechnology, computation, economic development, energy, environment, nanotechnology, health, telecommunications, robotic and mecatrónica.
Incidentally, in the field of the TIC, are specialised in strategic sectors eat:Animation 3D, Production of Video Digital, Schemed CNC (aided by Numerical Control Computer), Impression of Prototypes 3D.
P:To carry out this work of technological intermediation devote an important effort to the technological surveillance.In what consists?
R: The technological surveillance constitutes an axis motriz of the activity of TECHNOPOLI.In the first place, it finds the System of Intelligence of businesses, a skilled system in technological surveillance that is contrived to facilitate the articulation between the technological developments generated in the National Polytechnical Institute and the demands of the Productive Sector.For example, it allows us identify niches of market, offer skilled services of intelligence, detect opportunities of investment, etc.
Second, we have incorporated a model of Technological Observatory of TECHNOPOLI of the IPN (OTTP-IPN).It treats of a technological platform that allows the transformation of strategic information in knowledge that contributes value for the investigation applied with a social approach, besides, allows the identification of fields of strategic development to be able to anticipate the correct taking of decisions for the private industry.
P:How it works this Technological Observatory?
R: Through the OTTP-IPN schedule and implement the processes of innovation that sues the change of the technological surroundings by means of practices like the commented of technological surveillance, and others eat:monitory technological, study of the state of the technician, Benchmarking, studies of customers, feasibility of projects, economic projection-commercial, detection of niches of opportunity, links between academy-company and detection of synergy between companies.
By means of this model of the Technological Observatory of TECHNOPOLI have developed several products of technological surveillance, eat:
- Oracle of the OTTP-IPN.
- Technological services of competitive technological information.
- Bulletin of technological surveillance.
P:What interesting, could explain us in what consist these products?
R: Of course, I explain them in detail:
- Oracle of the OTTP-IPN.Emulating to the ancient Greeks that had a space devoted to the resolution of doubts, have created ?The Oracle?, an academic space that offers the opportunity of approach to the skilled information, strategic and of value whose application focuses to the solution of needs of technological innovation of the users, where formulate specific questions to be able to innovar and create competitive advantages that carry to the success, concentrated in the technological supports that houses.
Through a network of knowledge articulated by diverse nodes, the user can do use of the diverse technological tools, computational systems specialised and databases with sources of technical information.At present, three nodes conform the network of knowledge that are articulating, a skilled software in technological innovation:IHS Goldfire, a system of cienciometría of patents:Matheo Patent and a system of business information, in which we are evaluating diverse options still.It fits to mention, that inside the Oracle has access to diverse tools that institucionalmente the IPN provides us, SciVerse Spotlight and SciVerse Scopus, between many more; and also it is connected to the tools of technological surveillance of the OVTT.
To have access to this space, is necessary to follow the contours that govern his use and operation, in addition to having a previously validated register.
- Technological services of competitive technological information.It is the activity concerning the Competitive Technological Intelligence @realizar in the OTTP-IPN, generally translates in skilled studies in different slopes as they are it technological surveillance, determination of the state of the art, strategic technological information, documentation of copyright, each one defined by particular characteristics; collaborating with entities stop and national and international experts for the exchange of best practices in matter of Competitive Technological Intelligence, innovation and technological development.
- Bulletin of technological surveillance.It is our main half electronic of diffusion, through the cual shares information approaches technological developments protected, events stood out that they generate day with day bearers of the generation of R&D including projects and news that frame the areas of the science that like Technological Observatory monitor.
P:They are many the advantages that a professional interested in innovar can obtain of the Technological Surveillance, however still are in an initial phase in the productive use generalised of these practical by part of companies, researchers and professional. From your experience, which are the main profits that these innovative companies achieve when they begin to implement practices of technological surveillance?
R: They are multiple, by what can sintetizarlas in the following advantages or profits for the organisation:
- Anticipate changes:it Is a basic task of the Technological Surveillance, identify new technologies, machinery, processes, markets and competitors implementing a constant research.
- Reduce risks:it Involves a catchment and detection of threats so much of patents, products, regulations, alliances and new investments.
- Detect threats:it prepares to the changes of the surroundings:Politician, environmental, social, economic, normative.
- Progress:Detect desfases between products and needs of the customer and the market, between our capacities and the ones of the competitors.
- Innovar: Locate new ideas and solutions through the program of R&D and his strategy with base in the projects and in the detection of opportunities of investment and commercialisation.
- Cooperate:Identify new partners, customers and experts to facilitate the incorporation of the technological advances regarding products and processes.
P:In this line, what work consider that it is necessary to go on doing to sensitise on the advantages and possibilities of the technological surveillance?
R: From TECHNOPOLI consider fundamental to continue working in ideas like the following, to continue sensitising to the companies on the importance to devote efforts to the technological surveillance.
- Spread the power of a tool for the management of the innovation and the technology, like the technological surveillance, between the members of the polytechnical community through courses and workshops specialists on the subject and oriented to learn from the practice.This task of qualification develop it from the ?Oracle?.
- @Realizar events with specialists in the subject.
- Spread the sources of institutional information and the information that each one of them provides us and as they complement .
- Generate strategies of collaboration with other technological observatories and with units of technological intelligence to complement functions, belong to networks of specialists in said subjects to have nodes of participation of conjoint, generating communities of practice around skilled subjects:technological innovation, technological surveillance, intelligence of businesses, technological projects, spin offs, spin outs, triple links propeller, technological park, sources of financiamiento.
P:To finalise this interesting conversation, in his opinion, which are the challenges of future of TECHNOPOLI?
R: It would stand out the following ideas:
- Have normatividad applicable to the substantive functions of TECHNOPOLI and provide the respective to generate technological businesses in the IPN.
- Generate a successful diffusion of his Model, his products and services for the interest of the business sector
- Systematise the information of value and the knowledge of the IPN surroundings to cover the needs of the companies that need and wish to develop technological innovation with the researchers of the IPN.
- Guarantee the complete operation of the creation of Companies of technological Base, the diagrams of regalías and brokerage that benefit to the IPN, the tractive company and the spin off generated.
- Incursionar In subjects of Prospectiva Technological.